Rules & Regulations
- The WSFiZ Library is not only a centre for scholarly information to
the University of Finance and Management, but also a public library
acting in accordance with the Higher Education Act, Libraries Act and
the of the Rules and Regulations of the University of Finance and
Management in Bia�ystok.
- All personal data requested by the University of Finance and
Management Library from the users are protected in accordance with the
Personal Data Protection Act.
- The use of the library collections and basic services is free of
charge. The users are, however, obliged to pay (according to the List
of Library Fees) for:
- issuing a Library Card with an identification photo
- the copies they ordered: photographic prints, digital images and
Detailed rules are listed in the separate Regulation by the WSFiZ
- The use of the Library collection is available to the following:
- in the reading room - anyone interested,
- in the lending library - WSFiZ students and staff, and in exceptional
cases researchers who after providing a money deposit are able to prove
their research activities and reside permanently in Bia�ystok.
- The user is fully responsible for any damage to the library item not
specified at the moment of check-out and found at the moment of
returning the item. The user is also responsible for the loss of the
Access to the collections within the library area:
- Reading room is open to all who wish to use the library resources
for educational, scientific or professional purposes.
- Library users are required to leave coats, cases, bags, and
backpacks in the cloakroom. The use of mobile phones is strictly
- Orders to the reading room are to be placed on signed request slips.
- After receiving any library item the users are required to leave an
adequate document (student ID, driver's licence, or passport in case of
foreigners) and fill out the register book.
Local lending regulations:
- The lending library is available to :
- the WSFiZ students and staff,
- any person who is at least 18 years of age and wishes to use the
library, provided that the required title would also be available to
the WSFiZ students and staff.
- The reader's account is opened after providing the following:
- the document confirming the fact of commencing and carrying on
studies in WSFiZ,
- the declaration including the reader's personal data and a signed
written statement of complying with the WSFiZ Library Rules and
- the adequate entrance fee.
- The library card is the only document to allow for lending books.
The library card is issued:
- to WSFiZ students and staff - upon production of valid student or
employee ID card,
- to outside visitors - upon production of valid form of ID; the money
deposit is required in such cases; the deposit matches the value of the
required book (the cost is specified in the List of Library Fees).
- The library card is valid throughout the period of studies or
employment in WSFiZ.
- The library card is not to be ceded to anyone. In case of loss the
user has to immediately notify the librarian on duty and may receive a
duplicate after paying an adequate fee
- The readers may obtain books only after producing the library card
together with a valid WSFiZ student or employee ID card.
- All readers are fully responsible for all borrowed books.
- The amount of books borrowed by one reader at a time must not
exceed 5. In justified cases the Head of the WSFiZ Library has the
right to allow for more items to be borrowed. Double faculty WSFiZ
students are eligible to borrow up to 8 books.
- The lending period is two weeks. Double faculty WSFiZ students - up
to 8 books a month. Special collections, i.e. audio and video tapes, ,
CD-ROMs have a 7-day lending period. For outside visitors - 2 books a
month (after paying the money deposit.) Special collections are not to
be lent to outside visitors.
- All students graduating or dropping out the University of Finance
and Management are obliged to obtain a document confirming the
settlement of their library account.
Out-of-town interlibrary lending regulations.
20. The WSFiZ Library allows for use its books by the outside libraries
in the form of interlibrary lending to:
- WSFiZ teachers,
- WSFiZ students for special purposes.
- The WSFiZ Library brings in library items (4 at a time) which are
not available in Bia�ystok libraries for the period of one month. All
brought-in items are available in the reading room only.
Multimedia reading room:
- Access (from computers connected to the Internet) to online
journals and newspapers to which the Library subscribes, as well as
other resources needed for educational and research purposes are
available to WSFiZ students and teaching staff only. All accompanying
persons from outside the WSFiZ or nor able to produce a valid WSFiZ ID
are not allowed to enter the room.
- All users are required to register on lists placed at the
Information Desk and leave a valid ID with the librarian on duty. The
time limit of one session is 1 hour
- Users are not allowed to:
Users may only use already installed software. It is not allowed to
install other programs or alter already existing ones.
- activities causing devastation of, or damage to, computers and their
peripherals, disorganization of the computer network, or destruction of
- changes to computer configuration, attempts to break system security,
or interference with stored data,
- load and view the following types of web pages: pornography,
propagation of violence, offensive materials, or those forbidden by law,
- play computer games
- conduct of commercial business through an educational network
- use of CHAT and IRC services, SMS gates, and other entertainment-only
portals. However, with previous reservation (see Point 7), it is
possible to participate in CHATs (such as meetings with famous people)
officially organized via Internet portals
- copy materials available on the Internet but subject to copyright law
- sending of serial correspondence and extensive attachments, or any
other activities disturbing the functioning of the local network
- All readers are kindly requested to be aware of all current
information about the rules and regulations on the use of the WSFiZ
Library collections and services, and comply with the above.
- The Head of the WSFiZ Library has the right to settle all cases not
regulated by the above rulebook. From that ruling one is entitled to
the appeal to The Rector of the WSFiZ.
- All remarks concerning the use of the WSFiZ Library collections and
services may be given to the Head of the Library in an oral or written
- The above Rules and Regulations document is effective as of Oct 1.